Thursday, April 24, 2008

Soccer Game #5 - April 19th

I'm sure you've all been anxiously awaiting the results of last week's soccer game. What can I say...it's been a crazy week! Soccer Game #5 proved to be a huge success for Reese. I was a little crazed (Shane was out of town) and I wasn't sure how Reese would be at the game. You know what a struggle the season has been. But Reese woke up with a smile and was ready to go.
Here's the team huddle before the game. The team is called "the Barnyards." Each kid wanted a different farm animal name for the team, so they combined it to be a group of farm animals. In each huddle, they each choose which animal they want to be and make the sound...very cute. Reese always chooses an elephant. We don't have the heart to tell him elephants don't live on farms?! Anyway...back to the game...
It was a 9 am game, but the weather was beautiful. We've had several players drop out, and one out of town, so Reese, Hannah and Jaxon had to play the whole 32 minute game. Here's Reese guarding the goal.

I think this might be a little Victory Dance?! Reese definitely has some moves! I'm not sure where he gets them from...I do vaguely remember hearing that his dad used to country line dance.

Here's Reese's attempt to steal the ball. This is a major accomplishment for him. He's spent most of the season thinking it wasn't his turn to get the ball. It's hard to teach a 3 year old that you've been trying to teach to share, that he's just supposed to steal the ball. I think he's getting it! (I think Shane was secretly afraid that Reese was going to inherit my lack of competitiveness...any sports nut's worst nightmare!)

He's got game!

It was a great game. We were sorry that Daddy missed it. Hopefully the weather will stay nice for the remaining 3 games. I'm going to try this week to get some video of him to post. Sweet Victory at last!

0 comments: