Thursday, April 17, 2008

Mother of the Year

For all of you who were wanting to vote for me...I am definitely out of the running for Mother of the Year.

Reese was horrible at the soccer game Saturday. Aside from scoring the goal, he really wouldn't play. Not even for a minute. I even said to one of the other mom's that I was tired of him being a soccer "brat."

He really was horrible the rest of the day...fit, after temper-tantrum, after fit, after yelling, and more fits. Bedtime couldn't come fast enough.

Then Sunday rolls around. He was in much better spirits. Took a shower with daddy to get ready for church. I am getting him dressed and notice a horrible, red, lacy rash covering him from head to toe. Of course I get him dressed and off we head to the urgent care.

The doctor looks at him, says that it's most likely Fifths Disease (a viral rash), not a big deal, but does explain the fever he had the week before. And especially explains the grouchy...UGLY behavior the day before. The Dr. then proceeds to look him over just to make sure. Takes a look in his ear. "Well, Mrs. Voegele, this ear is very red and infected." Just great. Then I mention that one of his friends was just diagnosed with Strep throat, so he takes a look. "His throat is a little red...let's swab it just to be sure." We wait a few minutes, the Dr. comes back in. "Well, mom, the strep test came back positive."

I guess I have to take it back. He really wasn't being a brat...it was a triple whammy. A RASH, AN EAR INFECTION, AND STREP THROAT, all at the same time. Mom of the Year--I guess maybe I'll have to try for next year! :)

0 comments: