Saturday, March 29, 2008

Soccer Game #2

Soccer Game #2 did not get off to such a great start. Imagine my darling Reese looking like the little fellow below, saying, "No, I do not want to play soccer...I want to play with my ball. I don't want to play soccer...I do want to play soccer. No I will not play soccer...maybe I will play later."

Then picture this. Reese screaming that he does want to play soccer...only standing there with a HORRIBLE look on his face. So I take him out of the game...literally kicking and screaming. Luckily, I was in the heat of this battle so there were no pictures to show the HORRIBLENESS of it.


Yes...this is a PBJ sandwich. The hero of soccer game #2. I guess Reese was hungry. The game did start at noon, but he had snacked all morning and did not want to eat before the game. So after the fit, he inhaled the sandwich...took off his undershirt...and was THRILLED to play soccer. He even played with a smile. I guess hunger and being hot does not make for a good first half.

Reese loves to throw the ball into the game...anything to have his hands on the ball.

All the action happens with his back to me. But I think you can pick him out (he's on the left).


Reese going after the ball.


It seems to get a little better with each practice and game. Maybe by the end of the season we'll make it thru the whole game without crying. We have such high hopes.

0 comments: