Okay...I have to admit...I'm not above bribing my child if necessary. As much fun as Reese wanted to have at his soccer game, by the second half he was frozen and not wanting to play. It wouldn't have been a big deal if the other team members would have played, but no one would. So we had to take one for the team...literally
Let me preface this by saying, Reese has been working on a Good Behavior Block tower. Every time he does something "good", obeys the first time, speaks politely, etc. he got to add a block to his tower. When he would disobey, he would have to take one away. The deal was when the tower reached a certain height, we would go to Build-A-Bear.
So, here's where the bribery came. He'd been working on his tower for over 2 weeks (it had been a rough 2 weeks behavior wise), but he only had 3 more blocks to finish. So I told him that if he would finish the soccer game, he could earn the last 3 blocks. Needless to say, he played.
Of course, Shane has a fracture in his ankle, so he didn't think the mall would be that great on crutches, so Reese and I headed to Build-A-Bear. Here's a picture of his completed tower. He was very proud of himself.
Let me preface this by saying, Reese has been working on a Good Behavior Block tower. Every time he does something "good", obeys the first time, speaks politely, etc. he got to add a block to his tower. When he would disobey, he would have to take one away. The deal was when the tower reached a certain height, we would go to Build-A-Bear.
So, here's where the bribery came. He'd been working on his tower for over 2 weeks (it had been a rough 2 weeks behavior wise), but he only had 3 more blocks to finish. So I told him that if he would finish the soccer game, he could earn the last 3 blocks. Needless to say, he played.
Of course, Shane has a fracture in his ankle, so he didn't think the mall would be that great on crutches, so Reese and I headed to Build-A-Bear. Here's a picture of his completed tower. He was very proud of himself.

Reese picked a fluffy brown puppy.



0 comments:
Post a Comment