Thursday, January 22, 2009

Playin' Ball

Shane has big aspirations for Reese to play ball...any kind of ball really...football, baseball, basketball. On this day, we hit 76 degrees (typical for winter in Oklahoma for the weather to be so wishy-washy), so it was perfect weather for the boys to get in a little ball "practice."

Here's learning to catch the ball in his glove. Shane is demonstrating the importance of covering the glove with your hand after you catch the ball...stress the word AFTER. Reese did a lot of covering the glove before the ball ever made it there. It makes it difficult to catch a ball when one's hand is covering the glove.

The picture is a little (okay a lot blurry) but if you look closely you can see the "intensity" on Reese's face.

After the catching lesson, Shane moved to the throwing lesson. It was pretty painful to watch. If you know me at all, you know that I have not one ounce of athletic ability in my body. For a few minutes, I really started to think that Reese had taken after me. His throwing looked like something that I might have done in 9th grade P.E., but after a few encouraging words and a little throwing demonstration, there went the flick of his wrist...and the ball flew threw the air like it should. I'm almost positive I heard the sigh of relief coming from my husband.

THANK GOODNESS...that's all I can say!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is funny you say that! Same thing goes on around my house! LOL Hopefully this season of soccer will be better b/c if not we might have 2 unhappy husbands.