For those who don't know, I have started substitute teaching at Reese's school this week for a teacher that's on maternity leave. I wasn't sure how Reese would react. The first day, he told me before we left for school. "Momma, you're not a teacher!" There was some crying and pulling him away by the teachers. But for the most part, I avoided him and he had a great day.
Today (day #2), I came out in the living room wearing one of the teacher T-shirts. Reese looked at me and said, "Momma, why are you wearing that teacher shirt?" Again we talked about me working at his school. Still he was not thrilled.
He did better...only a few tears when I saw him during chapel time. After school however, we got in the car. He said, "Why do you still have that teacher shirt on...can't you change back into my mom now?" :)
Park City Utah
4 years ago
1 comments:
oh my, I think Reese thinks you belong only to him. I wish I could have been there to see his reaction to you being a teacher, I can remember when his dad, did something like that, when my dad, grandpa Howell said to shane dont you think your mom has enough love for both of you (sarah) that you can share her with other people, well he just gave grandpa howell an awful look, subject was dropped. glad you like vac, hope it does a good job for you. grandma v
Post a Comment