Thursday, November 11, 2010

And we're back...

Ok...as you can see it's been 1 year and 2 days since my last post. All I can say is that we've been really busy! My baby countdown says that I am 63 weeks pregnant...that's got to be some kind of record, I'm sure! :) I will try to give a quick recap of the last year, then I'll try to be a little more frequent. At least once every 6 months or so:)

After being surprised to find out that we were expecting baby #2, in December, we were even more surprised to find out that it was a baby BOY! I think we had convinced ourselves that it would be a girl, so when the ultrasound tech said it's a boy...Shane kept saying are you sure?!
We were surprised but very excited!


Also in December, we finally decided that since we had lived in Oklahoma for a while, we probably should buy a house. We moved into our new house right before Christmas, and spent several days being snowed in. Reese (and Shane) loved it!


In February, Reese celebrated his 5 and a half birthday. A very big deal to him!

In March, we took a Big Brother trip back to Great Wolf Lodge. One last hurrah before becoming a family of four. Reese loved it just as much as the first time. But I was a little bummed though that I couldn't go on the water slides being 7 months pregnant.



In March, Reese also started playing t-ball for the Sluggers and soccer with the Dragons. Never again will we do 2 sports during one season, but it definitely made time go fast!

Reese is quite the little athlete!



On May 27th, we welcomed Miles Ryan to our family. He weighed 7'12" and was 20 1/2 inches long. The nurses thought he was a big baby, but after big brother weighing almost 9 lbs. Miles seemed tiny! We actually had to go buy some newborn clothes, because we figured he wouldn't be able to wear them.



Reese is such a good big brother. We were a little worried because he was NOT THRILLED with the news at first, but he absolutely adores Miles. And I must say the feeling is mutual. Miles is totally enamored with his big brother. He makes him laugh and "talk" just walking by.


In August, Reese started full day Kindergarten. He is loving it. He is the oldest in his class, and his teacher said he is a good leader and a great helper.


Reese spent August-October playing fall t-ball. I didn't have any great pictures...I guess my hands were full with Miles, as he loved watching his Bubba play. Reese was so excited to hit his first home run and had several thereafter. His next goal for the spring is to hit it over the fence. If you know Reese at all...he is strong as an ox, so I'm sure it won't take long. Now we are gearing up for basketball season. For this non-athletic mama...I think I'm in for a long life of sports. I love it though!

Miles is almost 6 months old. He is a dream baby. He has slept thru the night since about 7 weeks. He eats like a champ and is growing like a weed. He likes to roll over and over and over, and has even started getting up on his hands and knees. It won't be long until nothing will be safe! He is a sweet sweet baby!

Here we are now...all caught up. I promise I'll try to do better this year!

0 comments: