Friday, September 25, 2009

Little Ladies' Man


Ok...it's finally happened...there is another woman in my baby boys life...

Tuesday we were sitting in chapel, and I heard Ms. Heather snickering behind me. I turned to look as she is pointing at Reese. I still didn't see anything, so I walked back, so I could have a better view. There it was...a cute little red-headed girl holding my baby boy's hand during the pledge of allegiance. I was in shock, and he didn't appear to be trying to get away from her. My next thought was that if those teachers had taught her how to pledge with her right hand over her heart, it wouldn't have been holding Reese's hand...THE NERVE!

I finally recovered from the scene and we made it through Wednesday without any hand holding.

Then came Friday. The same cute little red-head girl snuck a kiss onto my baby boy's cheek. My first thought was, "I hope she doesn't have H1N1...Shane is going to freak out from the germ passing!" But then it was shock. Kissing in preschool...what has this world come to?!

I asked Reese what happened, which at first he conveniently "couldn't remember." But finally said, "If she's gonna be acting like that...I am not going to be her friend anymore!" Now that's my boy! Then I asked him what made her kiss him, and he said, "I have no idea...she just sneaked up and did it, and didn't tell me why!"

I'm afraid we are in for a long life with this big-blue eyed boy! What girl can resist?!

1 comments:

Grammy said...

You're right! It's only begun - what a package: big blue eyes & charm to boot! Pray, pray, pray!