Sunday, June 28, 2009

Bartlesville

Reese and I spent the weekend in Bartlesville, so that we could go to the Atkins' Family Reunion with my grandparents. On Saturday night we went to the Kiddie Park. This little amusement park has been in Bartlesville for as long as I can remember. I think there is probably a picture of me in this very same plane 25+ years ago. It's a great place for kids Reese's age.


Reese and I got to ride one time around on the Kiddie Park's roller coaster "The Little Dipper," but a storm was moving in, so the park closed early due to lightning. Mel tried to snap a picture, but we were moving too fast. It's amazing the things we'll do for our kids. I'd rather die than ride a roller coaster, but Reese was so excited...I couldn't let him down. Maybe I'm getting brave in my old age?!

We also attended the Atkins' Family Reunion in Siloam Springs, AR. Grandpa, at the age of 86, is the oldest living Atkins.

0 comments: